Spouse Contests Divorce

What if my spouse won’t cooperate with the divorce?

The definition of an uncontested divorce is that the opposing spouse does not protest the divorce. We send your spouse paperwork to sign stating that they are aware of the divorce but are not protesting/contesting the divorce.

However, even if your spouse won’t agree to sign that paperwork for the divorce, it is still possible to serve the paperwork on your spouse by the Sheriff. This does cost extra. Please note, if your spouse protests or answers the divorce in writing in anyway, it becomes a contested divorce. You will either have to hire another attorney or dismiss the action for divorce.

Feel free to call for clarification on how this will work.